The health, welfare and safety of our members is our key priority, and we strongly advise all to follow the advice of Public Health England and the NHS. We are continuing to monitor updates on coronavirus closely and will keep this page up to date with key information, advice and updates.
Last update: 19 June 2020 09:30
Following the recent updates to Government advice concerning COVID-19, England Athletics provided the following guidance for restricted return to activity (for coaches, leaders, athletes, runners and facilities): https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/news/guidance-update-step-2/
We will continue to follow the advice of the regulatory body who sets our guidelines and insures our coaches and activities. In practice, this will mean:
- Due to social distancing requirements, all athletes attending the arena must pre-book, either via their coach or the Dartford Harriers executive committee (see “contact us” page of this website).
- Any athlete attending the track must be part of an approved member of a recognised Dartford Harriers coaching group in order that we can coordinate group numbers and sizes.
- Groups must not exceed the maximum permitted number, and athletes will be allocated specific zones of the track & field. Limited groups sizes may require the implementation of a rotation system for athletes in larger training groups.
Additional Rules During Coronavirus Pandemic:
- Athletes must adhere to the guidance set out by England Athletics (please see above link)
- Athletes are responsible for their own safety. Parents/guardians/athletes are advised to bring a first-aid kit in case of incident, hand sanitiser, and their own water/refreshments.
- Parents/guardians who remain present for a session should observing social distancing.
- Athletes should not train if they are feeling unwell.
- Some activity types may be restricted due to safety or difficulties with social distancing or disinfecting/accessing equipment.
- Athletes must adhere to instructions and health & safety guidance, including social distancing measures, throughout all sessions.
- Regular hand sanitising before/during/afterwards is advised.
- Members are asked not to congregate before or after training.
- Any non-compliance will result in exclusion.
We will continue to update this page with any further updates as and when we receive them. In the mean-time, please stay safe and continue to follow the latest government advice.